Wireless Communication Data Scientist
Are you passionate about uncovering valuable insights from complex data sets? Do you want to work in an organization where you are empowered and can make a difference? Do you want to be part of an exciting scale-up with massive upside potential? Come and join us at Spectrum Effect!
Spectrum Effect’s mission is to solve the most challenging and costly problems in the wireless industry through innovation and automation. Our team is passionate about creating disruptive technologies, developing solutions with engineering excellence, and delivering substantial value to our customers. Protected by 30 patents and deployed by leading mobile operators across the globe, our Spectrum-NET software solution performs automated ML-driven analysis of radio access networks. Spectrum-NET is a cloud-native, horizontally scalable solution based on a Kubernetes-orchestrated microservices architecture.
Our 50+ team, located in San Pedro Garza García, México, enjoys ownership in our private company through stock options and very competitive salaries. This is an amazing opportunity to join an emerging leader in the ML-driven automation space and make a profound impact on the mobile industry.
As a data scientist, you will help create transformational technologies and solutions that automatically detect, characterize, aggregate, classify and locate anomalous interference sources within mobile wireless operator networks. Responsibilities shall include analyzing wireless network performance data in support of product feature design and algorithm design for the Spectrum-NET wireless analytics product, and assisting with analysis of performance of new product features in live operator networks. Multiple openings for this position are available and candidates from junior to more senior levels of experience will be considered.
- Analyze measurement data from cellular networks to support development of and improvements to Spectrum-NET Machine Learning features.
- Develop supervised and unsupervised ML solutions that will improve Spectrum-NET. Including the design of methodologies, experiment tracking, KPI measurements, results communication and visualization.
- Execute quick experiments and PoCs to find new areas of opportunity.
- Communicate findings and results with the aid of visualization and storytelling.
- Work with a multi-modal team of software developers and wireless communication system engineers to bring ideas to fruition and provide value to our customers.
- Write technical documents and papers specifying technical requirements, solutions, and product goals.
What you need to have:
- 3+ years of experience working in data science or analytics.
- Bachelors of science degree or higher in data science, computer science, applied statistics, electrical engineering, or mathematics.
- Demonstrated knowledge with Machine Learning techniques and applications including methods for classification, prediction, clustering and generative models.
- Proficiency in Python and Python libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, Torch, Matplotlib, Seaborn, etc.
- Familiarity with cellular wireless communication systems concepts (NR, LTE, UMTS) and signal processing for wireless systems is considered a plus.
- Strong analytical skills in the areas of critical thinking, data analysis, research and problem solving.
- Excellent written and communications skills in English.
- Eligible to work in Mexico and travel internationally (<10%). This job opening is for our Monterrey, Mexico office.
Thinking about advancing your career to the next level? Do you have what it takes to successfully lead a software organization?
Apply now! Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.