Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) Lead
Are you passionate about creating ways to improve software? Do you want to play a central role in the software development of Spectrum-NET® software solutions? Do you want to work in an organization where you are empowered and can make a difference? Do you want to be part of an exciting scale-up with massive upside potential? Come and join us at Spectrum Effect!
Spectrum Effect’s mission is to solve the most challenging and costly problems in the wireless industry through innovation and automation. Our team is passionate about creating disruptive technologies, developing solutions with engineering excellence, and delivering substantial value to our customers. Protected by 30 patents and deployed by leading mobile operators across the globe, our Spectrum-NET software solution performs automated ML-driven analysis of radio access networks. Spectrum-NET is a cloud-native, horizontally scalable solution based on a Kubernetes-orchestrated microservices architecture.
Our 50 team, located in San Pedro Garza García, México, enjoys ownership in our private company through stock options and very competitive salaries. This is an amazing opportunity to join an emerging leader in the ML-driven automation space and make a profound impact on the mobile industry.
As a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you would be responsible for guiding Spectrum Effect’s Quality Assurance process and ensuring each release of our product, Spectrum-NET, exceeds customer expectations for reliability, performance, and functionality. In this role, you will collaborate with multiple R&D teams to develop test strategies, test plans, and test automation. You will direct a team of SDETs to improve QA automation and complete QA testing of our containerized microservice application, running in a Kubernetes environment.
- Ensure software release quality and production readiness meet expectations before releases are shipped to customers.
- Own the QA vision, testing architecture, QA process, stress testing, and test automation.
- Lead and mentor a team of SDETs conducting QA tasks and managing QA test environments.
- Collaborate with software engineers to develop testing best practices and define test automation strategies.
- Integrate test automation into TeamCity CI/CD pipelines.
- Examine system functional and behavioral requirements and create test plans.
- Maintain and extend system and application monitoring via Elasticsearch and Kibana.
- Troubleshoot errors and assign defects to software development and DevOps teams for correction.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science or related degree.
- 5+ years of experience planning, building, and orchestrating software testing frameworks.
- Professional experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET).
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language such as Python, Java, C++, C#, Go.
- Experience writing test plans, test automation, and test cases.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical team members such as project managers.
Thinking about advancing your career to the next level? Do you have what it takes to successfully lead a software organization?
Apply now! Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.