Spectrum Effect’s mission is to solve the most challenging and costly problems in the wireless industry through innovation and automation. Spectrum Effect’s industry leading Spectrum-NET solution performs machine learning-driven analysis of RF interference seamlessly and continually across multi-vendor 5G NR, LTE and UMTS cells within mobile networks. Spectrum-NET is a web-based, cloud-ready, highly scalable solution with extensive mapping, visualization and report generation capabilities.
As Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing horizontally scalable, microservice applications using Java, Docker, Kubernetes, and various databases. You will work within an agile team to produce iterative improvements and features delivered to customer via containerized software deliverables. You will work closely with a team of other highly skilled computer science professionals committed to engineering excellence.
- Design, implement, maintain scalable microservice applications running in a cloud environment
- Perform code reviews, design reviews to ensure performant, high quality software makes its way into production
- Identify areas of file I/O, networking, CPU, memory performance optimizations using production monitoring tools and profilers
- Collaborate with architects to take technical decisions regarding programming language, database, delivery, and solution architecture
- Mentor junior engineers and review their contributions to the codebase
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 4+ years of Java experience
- Strong debugging and profiling skills
- JVM and Memory Management
- Multithreading and Sychronization
- Strong OOP understanding and application
- Linux/Unix experience
- Test automation, JUnit, Mockito
- XML, CSV, JSON, YAML
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Python development experience a plus
- Containerized software applications experience – Docker and Kuberentes
- Agile software development
- Kafka, NiFi, InfluxDB monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning
Spectrum Effect has tremendous growth potential and we are seeking highly talented, highly motivated individuals to join our exciting high tech company. At Spectrum Effect, we’re creating a dynamic, focused, high-energy environment that promotes innovative thinking and excellence in execution. Our workplace is filled with positive energy and we have fun as we innovate. We hire people with the drive and aptitude to attack challenging problems head-on and create innovative approaches and solutions that deliver value. Our team members enjoy ownership in our private company through stock options and very competitive salaries.
Visit our LinkedIn page to submit an application for this position.