Fully remote senior software engineer role, using Python, Docker, Kubernetes, and various databases to develop horizontally scalable, microservice applications. Work within an agile team to produce iterative improvements and features delivered to customer via containerized software deliverables.
Candidate must be able to periodically meet in greater Grand Rapids, MI area.
· Design, implement, maintain scalable microservice applications running in a cloud environment
· Perform code reviews, design reviews to ensure performant, high quality software makes its way into production
· Identify areas of file I/O, networking, CPU, memory performance optimizations using production monitoring tools and profilers
· Collaborate with architects to make technical decisions regarding programming language, database, delivery, and solution architecture
· Mentor junior and midlevel engineers and review their contributions to the codebase
· 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
· 4+ years of experience in a modern objected-oriented programming language (Python, Java, C++, etc)
· Strong debugging and profiling skills
· REST API client and backend development
· Test automation
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
· 4+ years of Python development
· 2+ years of Java development
· Containerized software applications experience – Docker and Kuberentes
· Linux/Unix experience
· Agile software development
· MongoDB, Kafka, InfluxDB, Kubernetes monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning
· Flask, Celery, Pandas, Numpy, Gunicorn development experience
About the Company
Spectrum Effect’s mission is to solve the most challenging and costly problems in the wireless industry through innovation and automation. Spectrum Effect’s industry leading Spectrum-NET solution performs machine learning-driven analysis of RF interference seamlessly and continually across multi-vendor 5G NR, LTE and UMTS cells within mobile networks. Spectrum-NET is a web-based, cloud-ready, highly scalable solution with extensive mapping, visualization and report generation capabilities.
Spectrum Effect has tremendous growth potential and we are seeking highly talented, highly motivated individuals to join our exciting high tech company. We’re creating a dynamic, focused, high-energy environment that promotes innovative thinking and excellence in execution. Our workplace is filled with positive energy and we have fun as we innovate. We hire people with the drive and aptitude to attack challenging problems head-on and create innovative approaches and solutions that deliver value. Our team members enjoy ownership in our private company through stock options and very competitive salaries.
Visit our LinkedIn page to submit an application for this position.