Are you passionate about software development? Do you want to work in an organization where you are empowered and can make a difference? Do you want to be part of an exciting scale-up with massive upside potential? Come and join us at Spectrum Effect!
Spectrum Effect’s mission is to solve the most challenging and costly problems in the wireless industry through innovation and automation. Our team is passionate about creating disruptive technologies, developing solutions with engineering excellence, and delivering substantial value to our customers. Protected by 30 patents and deployed by leading mobile operators across the globe, our Spectrum-NET software solution performs automated ML-driven analysis of radio access networks. Spectrum-NET is a cloud-native, horizontally scalable solution based on a Kubernetes-orchestrated microservices architecture.
At Spectrum Effect, we’re creating a dynamic, focused, high-energy environment that promotes innovative thinking and excellence in execution. Our workplace is filled with positive energy, and we have fun as we innovate. We hire people with the drive and aptitude to attack challenging problems head-on and create innovative approaches and solutions that deliver value. Our team members enjoy ownership in our private company through stock options and very competitive salaries.
As a Java Developer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing new features for data extraction and data transformation. You would be using Java, Docker, Kubernetes, and various databases such as InfluxDB and MongoDB. You will work within an agile team to produce iterative improvements delivered to customers via containerized software deliverables. You will work closely with a team of other highly skilled computer science professionals committed to engineering excellence.
· Design, implement, maintain scalable microservice applications running in a cloud environment
· Perform code reviews, design reviews to ensure performant, high quality software makes its way into production
· Identify areas of file I/O, networking, CPU, memory performance optimizations using production monitoring tools and profilers
· Collaborate with architects to take technical decisions regarding programming language, database, delivery, and solution architecture
· Mentor junior engineers and review their contributions to the codebase
· 4+ years of Java experience
· Strong debugging and profiling skills
· JVM and Memory Management
· Multithreading and Synchronization
· Strong OOP understanding and application
· Linux/Unix experience
· Test automation, JUnit, Mockito
· XML, CSV, JSON, YAML
Additional qualifications and experience that would be a plus:
· Python development experience
· Containerized software applications experience – Docker and Kuberentes
· Agile software development
· Kafka, NiFi, InfluxDB monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.